Lost Relics can get stuck on loading screen for some players, during a game update. Basically, it doesn’t download all the patch files and stays forever in a loading screen. This can happen because of various reasons:
- Not enough permissions (you need to run the game as administrator).
- Antivirus blocks access (whitelist the game in your antivirus, this can also happen with Windows Defender).
- You haven’t updated the game in a while and now you need to get a fresh installer from the website (https://lostrelics.io/download).
- Other unknown issues.
Solution to loading screen bug
- Uninstall Lost Relics and then delete the game folder, so you can have a clean install later; the default folder is usually located at C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Local\LostRelics on a Win 10 computer (if you have a different version of Windows or even MacOS, try to find the equivalent path for AppData folders).
- Download the latest installer from the official website (https://lostrelics.io/download).
- Before running the installer, right click on it and choose: RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR.
- Whitelist the game in any antivirus/antimalware software you may have.
- Run the game as administrator.